Over the past months I have been building a virtual competition, for one of my clients, for the tournament 2014 in Brazil.
- Full integration and signup to the game through Facebook
- Multi-language setup
- Choose your own team of players from the 32 competing countries, with countries only represented once in your team.
- Update your team until the start of the tournament
- During the tournament your team scores according to real data coming in from a sport result data provider. Team scores are calculated by a fixed rule set.
- You have 3 substitutes that you can deploy during the tournament to optimize your team or replace players that have been eliminated
- You play for a specific country or you can join or create a group to compete against each other with friends.
- Team ranking is provided on country and group level.
- Social sharing, invites and posting to Facebook
The project had its challenges and I plan to dive into some of those areas in the future, as soon as the tournament is over ;)